Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lucky Dad


My older daughter, Nina once claimed that her lips and also her sister, are getting black day by day. I just listen to her as i listen to her critics, and complained etc the bother day. But then i heard something that catch my ears. She claimed that the smoke from my cigaretes have blacken the lips. Can you believe that! What do smoke from the cigaretes have to do with the black lips? Why don't she blamed smokes from other thing such as cars, industries. mills, open burning activities etc? I feel offended. And the worst thing is, she got votes from my wife and my second daughter, Khairiah. Is Nina tried to tell me something. I think i knew!

When Khairiah celebrated her sixth and seventh birthday, she refused a present. My wife and i were so surprised. How could a sixth years old kid refused a present on her birthday? It never cross my mind that she have an agenda. So on the day we celebrated her birthday she just pulled the trigger. " I want my father to quit smoking as my birthday present" What? I have no word to say as i know Khairiah speak from her heart. She is a kind and soft hearted person. Khairiah once cried frantically from her sleep. When we ask why is she crying, she said that she was scared that i will die someday. So when she ask me a present like that, i've nothing to say, until today, i only can promise her that I'll some how fulfill her wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment